Posts tagged Hall of Fame
The Massachusetts State Track Coaches Association Hall of Fame inducted their Class of 2014 this past Sunday, adding a stellar group to the hall. Athletes selected had impressive Massachusetts high school careers and earned honors beyond graduation.
The following names of recognition will be added to the wall at the Reggie Lewis Center this year:
- Ari Lambie, the NCAA all-American distance runner hailing from The Bromfield School in Harvard
- Melody Johnson of North Attleboro whose 28 year-old state shot put record still stands
- Joe LeMar, the Brockton middle distance athlete, who went on to win a Paralympic gold medal
- Paul Neves, Jim MacKinnon, Mike Suillivan and Dennis Doucette, all members of Brockton’s national record-setting 4×440 relay team in 1979
- Andy Powell and Maurica Carlucci Powell, middle distance runners from Oliver Ames and Franklin respectively, both now coaches at the University of Oregon
- Brooks Johnson, the Plymouth sprinter who earned a gold medal in the Pan American Games and has coached an Olympic athlete in every Olympic Games from 1972 through 2012
Congratulations to these newest additions to MSTCA’s Hall of Fame!