SCHOLASTIC XC QUALIFY FOR NATIONAL EVENTS
Local scholastic runners turned in impressive performances at the recent Nike Cross Nationals (NXN) Northeast Qualifier at Bowdoin Park in Wappingers Falls, NY. The meet was one of the eight qualifiers, and included the six New England states, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. The top two teams and several at-large teams from around the country, plus the top five individuals from non-qualifying teams advance to the final on December 14th in Oregon.
Four top ten finishes in the girls race came from the following New Engalnders: Race runner-up Abbie McNulty (Bishop Feehan – Attleboro, MA), fourth place finisher Autumn Eastman (Champlain Valley Union HS, VT), Fifth-place Emma McMillan (Barrington, RI) and Hannah Parker who came in at 10th place (Coe-Brown – Northwood, NH). Additionally, three New England teams placed in the top five: Black Bear XC / Coe Brown Northwood, NH (3rd); Rocks XC / Bishop Feehan, Attleboro, MA (4th); and Eagles / Barrington, RI (5th).
The boys race saw Christian Stafford of Pembroke, MA come in 4th place and Nick Carleo of Newburyport, MA in 10th, with Titans of Pembroke being the top New England team in 7th place.
At the Foot Locker Northeast Regional Qualifier at Van Cortlandt Park in New York City, Anoush Shehadeh, a junior at Phillips Academy Andover, placed second — the sole New England association runner to advance as a top 10 finisher. Three runners each from Connecticut and Maine will also go to the 35th annual National meet in San Diego, CA on December 14.
- HFC Striders’ Race Report: USATF Club Cross Country Championships
- New England Athletes to Compete at USATF National Club XC Championships in Bend, Oregon
- XC Grand Prix – Big Finish On Sunday
- A Statement from USATF-NE President Tom Derderian
- Race Preview: Mayor’s Cup XC
- HFC Striders Awarded Grant to Compete at USATF Club XC Nationals
- Western Mass Distance Project XC Meet – Full Results
- Updates from the National Junior Olympic T&F Championships