Next Stop in the Road Racing Grand Prix: GMAA Labor Day 15k
Four races down and three to go in the USATF-NE Road Racing Grand Prix series. Next up: the Green Mountain Athletic Association (GMAA) Labor Day 15k on August 31 at 9 am in South Burlington, VT. And if you’re not on this list, it means you haven’t registered yet. Online registration closes on August 29 and race day registration will be held at South Burlington High School between 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Need to know a little more about the race? First, it’s a USATF-NE Grand Prix championship, as mentioned. Teams and individuals looking to maintain or move up in the standings only have a few opportunities to do so, and this is one of them. For reference, the Grand Prix team leaders are currently:
- Men’s open team: Western Mass Distance Project
- Men’s 40+ team: Central Mass Striders
- Men’s 50+ team: Whirlaway Racing Team
- Men’s 60+ team: Greater Lowell Road Runners
- Men’s 70+ team: Gate City Striders
- Women’s open team: Millennium Running
- Women’s 40+ team: Whirlaway Racing Team
- Women’s 50+ team: Whirlaway Racing Team
- Women’s 60+ team: Gate City Striders
Individual open leaders are Whirlaway’s Ruben Sanca and GBTC’s Nicole Casey. However, the standings across the board are close, with leaders only ahead by a point or two.
For added incentive to trek up to the Green Mountain state, keep in mind the $3,400 available in cash prizes. Here is the break-down of team, individual and age group awards.
Lastly, if you’d like a course description before departing for the race this weekend, Level Renner published a detailed preview of the 15k course that offers views of the Green Mountains, Adirondacks and Lake Champlain.
Will we see you there?