New England Athletes to Compete at USATF National Club XC Championships in Bend, Oregon
The USATF-NE Cross Country Grand Prix series came to a close last month with the New England Championship race at Franklin Park in Boston. Throughout the five race series, we saw several strong performances, from individuals and teams in both the open and masters competition.
In final results, GBTC took the women’s open team competition, with WMDP and Millennium coming in second and third respectively. The GBTC men’s squad also came in first for their open competition. HFC was second, with BAA in third. Sean Duncan of WMDP was the individual winner in the men’s open series and NBB’s Sydney Fitzpatrick was the women’s open overall winner. Full results of the Grand Prix standings, including all team and individual scoring can be viewed here.
With all of this New England racing behind us, there is still one more cross country race on the horizon for many of these athletes – the USATF National Club XC Championships, which will be held on December 14th in Bend, Oregon at River’s Edge Golf Course. According to the USATF website, the championships “will feature the top clubs from across the United States as they vie for honors and bragging rights as the nation’s top cross country team. More than 100 teams and 1,200 competitors are expected to compete.” For a sense of the competition at these championships, the 2012 results are here.
A number of New England athletes are entered to compete, including those from GBTC, NBB, HFC Striders and Greater Springfield Harriers. Best of luck to these teams and runners as they prepare for their races next Saturday!
- New England Cross Country 2014: Closer than you think!
- HFC Striders’ Race Report: USATF Club Cross Country Championships
- SCHOLASTIC XC QUALIFY FOR NATIONAL EVENTS
- XC Grand Prix – Big Finish On Sunday
- A Statement from USATF-NE President Tom Derderian
- Race Preview: Mayor’s Cup XC
- HFC Striders Awarded Grant to Compete at USATF Club XC Nationals
- Western Mass Distance Project XC Meet – Full Results
- Updates from the National Junior Olympic T&F Championships